Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nina Dobrev Red Carpet Inspired Dramatic Makeup Tutorial

On the left is Nina Dobrev at the Met Gala and the makeup which she wore. This photograph inspired a makeup look I was asked to do for a minialistic fashion shoot for the photographer Sañai Gooden. The photo on the right is the how the makeup came out on one of the models I worked with. This look would be perfect for a sexy night out to dinner, to a party or just a night out on the town! Hope you guys enjoy and try it out yourself!




Step 1: It is extremely important before you start that you prime your eyelids, especially if you have a hooded eye shape or have oily eyelids. Since this makeup look is somewhat graphic and cuts through the crease of the eye where your eyelid folds you have to make sure it doesn't transfer to the top part of your eyelid.
What I Used: NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer

Step 2: I decided to fill in the brows only where it was necessary. I wanted to keep the eyebrows looking natural so fill in your brows where you feel is necessary and then brush through them with some tinted eyebrow gel. It'll add texture and even more color. Also it'll help make your eyebrow hairs more visible, therefore, more natural looking.
What I Used: NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown & L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark

Step 3: Use a black eye product that would be a good base to trace out your work. You could use a  pencil eyeliner, a gel eyeliner, a liquid eyeliner, or a black eye base. Then begin at the base of the eyelashes, filling in the eyelid carefully with the black base. Gradually progress towards the fold of the eyelid, but don't go all the way up to the actual fold. Leave a slight space between to further prevent transfer.
What I Used: Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner




Step 4: Take an eyeliner brush and a matte black eyeshadow to create a wing. Create a line from the edge of your bottom lash line and drag the line up at an angle toward the tip of your eyebrow. From there drag the line back into the base of the liner. Make sure it stays beneath the fold of your eye.
What I Used: Blackout from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


Step 5: Fill in your eyelid with the matte black eyeshadow to set the base and make it look slightly softer.






Step 6: Continue to fill in the winged eyeliner you created with the matte black eyeshadow until you reach the intensity of color you want.

Step 7: Take a flat eyeshadow brush and a dip it in some concealer. Use the brush to help sharpen the edge of the wing slightly by applying the concealer right along the edge of the wing. It'll look much neater. Don't sharpen it to the point that it looks harsh.
What I Used: Maybelline Face Studio Master Conceal in Light

Step 8: Apply a silver metallic or satin eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eyes. Blend it out half way underneath the lash line and slightly into the beginning of the eyeliner to connect the two shades together.
What I Used: Verve from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette




Step 9: You could either apply a thin coat of mascara and apply false eyelashes or you could decide to just load up the mascara to create huge eyelashes. I would recommend applying false eyelashes because of how much black is on the eyelid. When you look up it could hide your eyelashes and prevent them from being noticeable. It's completely up to you and your preference. I decided to load up my mascara.
What I Used: Perversion Mascara by Ubran Decay


Step 10: Finish off the eye makeup look by apply a light brown eyeshadow on the outer half of your bottom lash line and blend out. Then take your eyeliner brush and blend the edge of your wing eyeliner one more time since Nina Dobrev's eyeliner is faded at the edges.





Step 11: Complete the look by either applying a nude lipstick that has a peachy undertone like Nina Dobrev OR you could apply a dark red vampy lip like my model. Up to you just have fun !
What I Used: Stormy Sahara by Maybelline (Nina)
                        Wicked Velvetine by Limecrime (My Model)







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar