Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Essence - Happy Girls Are Pretty Sheer Lipbalm - 02 Live, laugh, love and repeat :)



Hello! Currently at Slovenian stores you can buy a limited edition by Essence, called Happy Girls Are Pretty :) From all of the lovely and cute products in this collection I have treated myself only with one sheer lipbalm in shade 02 Live, laugh, love and repeat. And here is a short review :)

Packaging, price - Packaging is of a similar shade than the lip balm, It's of a thin long shape and offers 1,9 grams of product for 2,49 euros. It's a plastic packaging and for now it's closing well and I have no worries it will open up in my bag. As it's very slim and light it doesn't take a lot of space and it's very suitable for taking with you on your way.

About the product - Brilliant lipstick providing a hint of colour and  a smooth filing on the lips. Available in total two shades,  a soft pink one and a flattering rosewood tone.

Shade - I was really surprised by this product as the shade is a lot more pigmented as I have expected. I was expecting more of a lip balm, as suggested in the name of the product, like a Labello or Baby lips with a hint of colour. But actually this is a lot more like a sheer lipstick and it gives  quite a shae to my lips in just one swipe. The shade on me looks like a warm rosy- reddish-brownish shade, so basically a calm toned sheer lipstick that is perfect for anyone with a warm skin tone and for autumn. Applied lightly, only with one light swipe it looks very pale and light and more pink, if I try to build it up it tends to look more browny.

My experience - The texture of the product is creamy, buttery and glides on easily. I find application very easy no need for a lip liner or a lip brush, just apply it straight from the bullet. It has a slight sweet scent, but a pleasant one. On the lips it feels light, just like a lip balm, not sticky at all. At first when freshly applied it has a shiny finish, but when it dries up a bit and settles it gets a bit more matte. I never use any other lip balm on top or under it, just apply it straight to my lips. I don't find this product very nourishing, so even though it says it's a lip balm I feel like after an hour or two of wear I need my regular lip balm to add me some more moisture. I do have some problems with dry lips lately so it could just as well be that or the fact the product is not the best at nourishing. As the shade has a bit of a reddish note to it, I have noticed it emphasized the red in my skin, so if I wear this with almost no foundation it really doesn't look that good, I need to at least  cover my spots and redness from previous blemishes. I like that it feels so light on the lips, just like a lip balm, as if it weren't there at all. Also most of the time, when I need to reapply it, I do it without a mirror and I see that as a big plus, as it's really easy to use and simply, a no fuss product. As the name of the product already suggests - this is not a long lasting product, on me this lasts best an hour and a half, but the shade already tends to fade. Also it doesn't survive any drinking or eating, so you need to reapply it straight away. It's a nice every day product, perfect for those who don't like glosses and lipsticks, simple to use and not too pigmented and well, gives a gentle hint of colour compared to a regular lipstick. 







Hope this review was helpful to you! Thanks for reading!

Love, UniqaPoly

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar