Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Watt Spiel

Bassist Mike Watt, famously of The Minutemen and now an Iggy Pop sideman (among other things), has stayed true to himself. (Brooklyn Vegan)

You know, a lot of things was a reaction to arena rock. Like the idea of meeting people who played in music-this idea of expression would be a personal side to them-was like wow. Before, music was like building models, you know. But it was a whole different trip to us. To us it made no problem about learning Pop Group and Wire and Germs, and it was no fucking stretch for us. I know looking at it from the outside world, it's like this is insane. And then learning about John Coltrane--because we hadn't heard any of it growing up. When [artist and resident poster-designer for the SST scene Raymond] Pettibon played me Coltrane, I thought he was doing punk too. I just thought he was a little bit older. I didn't know he was dead.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar